{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, February 7, 2015

Let's go for a walk in the woods ...

Thinking of the quote
"Life imitates art
far more than
art
imitates life"
~Oscar Wilde~
& hoping my Art is a blend of both. The way things are & adding a bit of how I'd love them to be.  Walking with a Wild Hare in my arms and Sparrow in my pocket :-D
"Let's go for a walk in the woods" is a good example I suppose of Mr. Wilde's quote.
The scene I've painted is very similar to our favourite walking trails in the Spring/Summer.  The grass is a rich emerald green and wild flowers grow prolific  in lovely lush patches. When you stop to admire them, you will see, ever so slight movements as  Lady bugs, dragon flies and grasshoppers move about. Birds call out to one another.  Swallows swoop overhead & come so close to us we often feel the need to duck.  When the berries appear in the bush, great big flocks of Cedar Waxwings can be spotted.
I love to watch the birds with nesting materials in their beaks & look to see where they are building their nests as we walk, although it is on our walks in the Winter when we can really spot them and marvel at their building skills as they sit now as empty cavities simply  gathering snow ♥
We've seen our share of Wild Hare and even the occasional Deer as we walk.
"A Leap of Faith"
Another print with Hare and Sparrow ♥
Both prints just added to my Etsy shop.
I love to jot down my walk discoveries in a journal.
My favourite Sparrow brown paper gathered inside.
A simple hole punch has been created, threaded and held on with a button.
Can be seen in the newest Somerset Life issue ♥

8 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Your art is so unique..
And that journal cover..well ♥

Julie Marie said...

Those prints are so pretty Deb and I love the way you describe your walking trails in the Spring and Summer... oh how Tessy and I would love to walk them with you and Archer!... your journal is so wonderful, I love it!... I need to look for that magazine, congratulation for being featured!... xoxo... Julie Marie

Country Gal said...

Lovely post and beautiful art work. You describe what it is like here in our valley when we go for our walks in your first paragraph isn't it all amazingly wonderful ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Seawashed said...

Beautiful beautiful dear Deb.

Deb said...

Thank you Monique ♥

Deb said...

hello Julie Marie ~ yes, you and Tessy would love it! The snow was thick and heavy this past weekend so we were in the woods much longer - it was so lovely and peaceful! I was surprised to hear and see so many black capped chickadees & wished I had brought seed ♥

Deb said...

thank you Elaine ♥ your valley sounds wonderful & you must have lovely walks with Miggs xo

Deb said...

thank you Kerrie xo