{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

What a wonderful surprise I had the other day, when I found the latest Stampers' Sampler
magazine poking out of my mailbox.
 
A few of my watercolour envelopes were inside.
 
I love creating these ~ they are super easy and make sending a note to a friend & loved one just that little bit more special ♥
All you need are a few Manila envelopes, watercolours & favourite stamps. I use the pages of damaged books that I've picked up at garage sales and charity shops to create in a lot of my art work, and for the envelopes, they were turned into flower petals, leaves  and hearts :-D
Embellish with some ribbon and buttons and slip a lovely handwritten note inside xo
 
I am so Thankful to  have my work published in this amazing magazine! 
GRATITUDE
can transform
common days
into
Thanksgivings
turn
routine jobs
into joy
and change
ordinary opportunities
into blessings
~William Arthur Ward~

6 comments:

libbyquilter said...

congratulations~!!~
your envelopes are totally fabulous~!

:-)
libbyQ

Mereknits said...

How fun!!!!! Sending you a big congrats.
Hugs,
Meredith

Monica said...

OOOOHHH how wonderful!!!! These are fabulous, Deb! Your family must be so happy receiving them with a love message tucked away inside!
Monica and Kim xoxox

Kay Ellen said...

Congrats on having your art published...so pretty.

Stampington & Company is such a creative magazine, I just love how they support the artful & creative community,,,

Have a blessed weekend,

xo
Kay Ellen

Deb said...

Thank you Libby! I so appreciate your sweet comment.

Thanks Meredith for all your kind support.

Thank you Monica ~ yes ... there have been LOTS of these decorated envelopes given over the years :-)

Thank you Kay Ellen ~ I agree, Stampington & Company publish the most inspirational magazines & are so supportive. Wishing you a Blessed Weekend as well ♥

millefeuilles said...

Hello! This is my first visit here and I am in awe, first of all, of your stunning header. This is a true autumnal celebration. Speaking of which; a huge congratulations (from France) for your work being published. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Stephanie

ps I'm off to follow you. Hurray!