{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, December 14, 2023

Give the Gift of Art . . .

"Trio"

Available for sale
Grimsby Public Art Gallery
18 Carnegie Lane
Grimsby, Ontario
December 9, 2023 -January 11, 2024
 
I like to begin my paintings, on paper or canvas, by writing a few thoughts down in pencil.
As anyone who knows me, I have a great deal of affinity for Sparrows. I think of them as my spirit animal (if you are wondering why, reading the "Sparrow" section of my blog will tell you) xx
I feel a great deal of comfort when they are around me. 
Not surprisingly, sparrows will be tucked into lots of paintings! Sparrows and nests seem to be a common theme ;-) 
Even though multiple layers of paint will cover up the words that are written, they are forever romantically intertwined creating a visual poetry. A little hidden treasure.
Watching these little sparrows in our garden was such an inspiration and I could not help but think that thankfully, the sparrows did not agree with "two's company and three's a crowd".  All were welcome here; the branch was large enough for all.

The little poem under the layers of |Trio reads: 

Three little birds
sitting side by side
singing such a joyful tune
with happiness, with pride.

Some may say that two is company
but three, well that's a crowd
which only makes each little sparrow
sing their song clearer and more loud!
 


No comments: