{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, September 18, 2019

life is your art ...what are you creating today?

I love badgers ... everything about them fascinates me ... I also love painting badgers ...
I painted this little badger face a while ago & it has sat in Sparrow Studio on a shelf just waiting to be finished. I fell in love with this particular piece (when you are smiling the entire time you are painting, it's always a good sign) ;-) 
life is your art
what are you creating today?
***
I wanted to do something different and tossed about a few ideas … should I embellish with ribbons and trinkets? perhaps a miniature weaving with twigs and dried reeds from my garden? 
and then yesterday, while walking through the woods with Archer, I was thinking about this piece and the idea of a miniature macramé hanging came to me. Some twine to hang a piece of Lake Ontario driftwood completed the hanging which I really love x
Creativity is experimenting
growing
taking risks 
breaking rules
making mistakes
&
having fun
~Mary Lou Cook~

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing created here today. I have been reading. Maybe I will now.
Your badger put a smile on my face too. This is a very fancy finish for this painting.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ so happy you like Mr. Badger too!
Enjoy your book & have a wonderful weekend.

Country Gal said...

Lovely . Nature helps me create through photography .

Deb said...

hello Elaine ~ thank you! Your love of nature shows through the way you capture the wonder and beauty with your camera x