{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Journal making

One of the journals I created using the brown paper that covers my art table ♥
{ front cover}
I have a box of little treasures & went through it looking for an embellishment. I found one of my Diary keys from my teen years ~ tied on with a ribbon
{back cover}
the elastic is recycled & cut to the width I wanted
I added a few envelopes ~ front and back  as I love to save "stuff" :-D
Perfect for holding little inspiration/affirmation cards
I created it fauxdori style ... with elastic to hold sheets of paper .
Started out with a dozen, but more can be added as I need them.
It will be my 2017 garden journal.
Just the cover alone makes me think of my English country garden and
the old fashioned perennials that I {and the birds/butterflies/bees} love so much!
"Fill your paper
with the breathings
of
your heart"
~William Wordsworth~

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I can only imagine how special this is for you to spend time working on. I've been trying to space time out to work on my journaling and the 52 Lists book I found to write and draw in freely. I need to focus and you always inspire me. Can you give me a call tomorrow morning?!

Jane x

Deb said...

Hi Jane ~ thank you ♥ So happy seeing my journals has inspired you with your own {which I know are lovely}

Unknown said...

how beautiful! I want to make one~

Deb said...

thank you so much Alyssa ~ I do hope you make one and let me know so I can see it too xo