{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

I have been loving the quiet meditative aspect of weaving.
Learning as I go ...thinking up new ideas as I weave along with my basket of yarn and twines beside me. Switching up colours and thinking of patterns.
My yearning to weave had me create my own little loom ... I simply went into my studio, chose a small canvas frame - turned it over - hubby took it to his workshop and hammered in the nails and ta da ...  a loom!
The perfect size to create little wall hangings.
 
Because I live with chronic pain, I always have to be conscious of neck, back and arm positioning no matter what I am doing ... be it painting, knitting, weaving ... even reading a book! 
Pacing and Passion has always been a tricky balance for me ... I so love creating & there were years where it was impossible to do any handcrafts that it almost felt like "catch up" when I was able to begin again.
Taking this into account,  Hubby and I sat and created a design for an "actual loom"  and he is taking that to his work shop. One I can hold and then have  adjustments made if needed :-)
He has some lovely black walnut in mind ♥
We all have our own life to pursue,
our own kind of dream
to be weaving,
and we all have the power
to make  wishes come true,
as long as we keep
believing.
~Louisa May Alcott~

10 comments:

Mereknits said...

You have made some beautiful projects.
Hugs,
Meredith

Country Gal said...

Great idea they are lovely ! Thanks for sharing , have a good weekend !

Julie Marie said...

How beautiful Deb!... and I love that Jim is making you a loom just right for you... I find I do the same thing with my fibromyalgia... Jack is constantly telling me to pace myself... then I tend to do something and overdo it... love your wall hangings!... so want to try them myself... don't have a clue about a loom?... xoxo... Julie Marie

Deb said...

thank you Meredith ♥

Deb said...

thank you Elaine ~ wishing you a happy weekend too ♥

Deb said...

hello Julie marie ~ the pacing part is so hard . I will take a photo of the "loom" I am using now and send it to you this weekend xo

Jeanne said...

Blessings sweet friend. Everything you do is with so much love.
I love the quotes that you post as well as all your photographs.
Love Jeanne

Heather said...

very theraputic, I will make one of these one day! X

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ your kind words mean so much to me ~ thank you xo

Deb said...

hi heather ~ weaving is so peaceful ~ I know you will love it too! ♥