{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, November 26, 2010

Flakes of feathered snow ...

Only Ernie & I were awake when we spotted the first flakes of feathered snow early this morning. Sitting by the kitchen window with a hot cup of tea, we watched as the tiniest of flakes danced about.
I know Ernie was as excited as I was to see the flakes fall even if they didn't last very long.


This is Ernie last year
doing his "happy dance"
in the snow :-)
When he first arrived in December of last year, we had no snow here . He arrived from Quebec where they had many feet of the fluffy white stuff ... I think he missed it :-)
When he spoke
what tender words he used!
So softly, that like
flakes of feathered snow
they melted
as they fell
~John Dryden~

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Ooooh how precious! I love Ernie rolling in the snow doing his snow dance!... when we had our little Sheltie Lady she loved to do make we called "snow dog angels"... love that little squirrel too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Darlene said...

Awwwww what beautiful pictures and I hope you got enough that Ernie did enjoy it again. If not I know you will soon....lol. I have missed visiting you and hope to be visiting regularly again.♥

Ms. ~K said...

I see Ernie smiling at this early season snow!
Hope he'll be making doggie snow angels soon.
xoxo
~K

Lallee said...

What wonderful photos of Ernie enjoying the snow. While you have had your first flakes, I'm sitting in shorts and flip flops ;-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ernie has the right idea about snow. He is certainly a treasure for you.

Chrissie said...

Lovely pics, Deb. I really like Ernie's happy dance. :-)

Unknown said...

what a great shot of that squirrel! Dogs love to roll in the snow don't they..........fun shots!