{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dog Day Afternoon...

The leaves of our Maple tree are turning colour and dropping all over our front garden.

I started gathering up the prettiest leaves to press.
This photo of Ernie made me smile ... he looked like he had the silliest grin :-)
We are so thankful to have him !

He turns 12 next month ♥ and even though we only adopted him 9 months ago, I can't imagine him not being part of our family.
My faithful companion... no matter where I am, he follows.
And I wouldn't have it any other way!
Ernie is loving the cooler weather we enjoyed over the labour day weekend and while Summer seems to have passed by so quickly, I love September and happy to be heading into my favourite season Autumn!
All seasons are beautiful

for the person

who carries happiness

within ♥

~Horace Friess~

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love that quote and I just love Ernie..he is blessed to have you! Enjoy this beautiful Fall..I love it all! :D

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun getting to see Ernie. He sure looks happy. I will have to remember this quote. I am looking forward to autumn too.

Darlene said...

Awwww Ernie is just too sweet. I am sure glad that Fall is coming too!!! The cooler weather is a blessing around here.♥

Monica said...

Love love love this boy!!;))) I mentioned you both on my blog ;)
Hugs,
Monicaxo.

Chrissie said...

:-) Ernie is so lucky to have found you! Lovely post, Deb.