{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3 of Creativity Boot Camp...

Today's Random Word Prompt at Creativity Boot Camp is
Multi layered.
***
In January, I created a Memory Box to hold special mementos I'll gather through the year. I'm surprised to see just how many things I have after only 5 months. Ticket stubs , take out menus, newspaper clippings etc.
I also created a fabric journal - using up lots of little bits of fabric, ribbon and buttons I had. I started with a cardboard base (recycled from a cereal box) and covered it with fabric to which I layered lace, ribbon, fabric printed images, pearls & buttons. Using strips of linen, I created little rosettes and leaves. Multi layered - just like me.
***
We do not grow absolutely chronologically.
We grow sometimes in one dimension
and not in another, unevenly.
We grow partially.
We are relative.
We are mature in one realm, childish in another.
The past, present, and future
mingle and pull us backward, forward , or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers
cells
constellations.
~Anais Nin~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I think I'll try it when I turn 50...only 9 more years to go. ;-)
I LOVE your header pictures!! That would make an amazing calendar!
Have a great week!
~ Jo :)

Darlene said...

I think that is SUCH a great idea!!