{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn Along...


 With Valentine's Day less than a week away, I've been thinking
red & ♥hearts♥...
 And  tiny huggable teddies small enough to tuck into gifts...
 And then it's Easter :-)
 So the hearts were crocheted in pastels ...
Reading "Simply Imperfect" .  It happened to be displayed at the Library the other day while I was there picking up a hold.  I was drawn to the simplicity of the cover and once I opened the pages I knew it was going in my book bag!
I hadn't heard of Wabi Sabi (although we've apparently been living the Wabi Sabi lifestyle).  The Wabi Sabi view is one which celebrates nature and it's cycles ~ EMBRACES imperfection. I was not surprised to find that Thoreau (whose writings I adore & fill up a good portion of my Quote books) was considered a Wabi person ♥

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have some sweeet hearts here. Even the pastel hearts are sweet. After all we don't stop loving just because Valentines day is over. I have heard Q speak of Wabi Sabi living. I haven't investigated it as yet. I just live. Don't have a name for it other than life.

steph said...

Thanks for the book suggestion--imperfect I can handle!!! Love all the hearts!!! :)

Ms. ~K said...

Who doesn't love Teddies? :)
xoxo

Kristen said...

Oh, I love the Valentine's bear and heart! I wish I were more planned about holiday crafting. They just sneak up so fast!

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs to you dear friend.
Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne♥

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Really cute, seasonal, crafts. I have forgotten all about my Valentine's Day crocheting - uh oh!

Lori ann said...

how adorable deb, i love your wee teddy and all those hearts, so sweet.
i love the sound of that book. i would have chosen it too.
xo

W-S Wanderings said...

I love Wabi Sabi too! I also had that experience, upon learning of the aesthetic - that moment of Aha, there's a name for this appreciation of mine. A heady moment. I must find that book you're reading!

I enjoyed gazing at your knitted lovelies.