{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting To Know You ...






A few photos from our weekend hike
Getting to know you
Getting to feel free and easy
when I am with  you,
Haven't you noticed
suddenly I'm bright and breezy
because of all the beautiful and new things
I'm learning about you
~Oscar Hammerstein~
                  ***
Thank you for all the lovely emails and comments  Welcoming Archer ♥  My friend Kit @ dog daze wrote such a lovely post in honour of Archer (and Ben and Ernie too) which meant the world to me.  I feel blessed to have been able to make so many friendships through & because of my blog. When I first began blogging in 2006 with Posted-from-Home, I had Bentley  and the support and friendship shown when he passed is something I will never forget.  You shared your own stories of pet loss with me too.  Then we adopted our Ernie, who was 11 at the time, and once again, when he passed last May, your notes here and through email were heartwarming & so helpful.  Thank you all so much for Welcoming Archer & stopping by to see what's happening in our little corner of the world ♥

8 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Soo happy Archer came into your lives... love his paw prints in the snow, and also the photo of him in the snowcovered fields... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Fun to see those big ole paw prints in the snow. I know Archer is going to be a blessing too.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

How long have you had Archer now???
I have had Zoie for 3 months and 14 days today!! Time surely flies!! She is so happy here!!! She loves to run in the yard that is 2 and 1/2 acres of words like. Lots of critter smells!!
x, Fern

Jeanne said...

Lovely indeed. Blessings my friend.......Love Jeanne

Deb said...

Thank you Julie Marie, Jeanne, Lisa & Fern.

Fern~ How fabulous for Zoie to have so much land to roam. We've only had Archer 9 days :-)but from day 1 it felt like we always had him ♥

Ms. ~K said...

Lovely post! :)
xoxo

Shelley said...

How wonderful to have Archer - a handsome sweetie! Enjoyed all your photos!

Kelly said...

So glad you have a new buddy, Deb. Sorry I haven't been here and you have been blogging away again... haven't been anywhere but at birthday parties and shopping for my kids, but now April is a slower month. I'm really happy for you and Archer. Love the name too!