{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

Arranging a bowl of flowers

in the morning

can give a sense of quiet

in a crowded day ~

like writing a poem

or saying a prayer

~Anne Morrow Lindbergh~

This is the view outside my kitchen window ...


The Lilac are in full bloom & our 20 year old Lilac bush never disappoints.

The Yellow Finch are frequent visitors to the garden & I am in awe of their beauty.


After a huge thunderstorm last night, the clusters are hanging heavily.

The aroma the moment I open the kitchen door is breathtaking...

I couldn't resist clipping off a few large clusters to bring indoors a few days ago, & the entire house is perfumed with their unmistakable scent...

Aromatic, romantic, beautiful...

I love lilac ♥♥ & even though the blooms are short lived, I am Thankful for them each Spring.


9 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful post, love the view outside your kitchen window !
I've just read on Monica's blog you've lost your lovely dog Ernie, I'm so sorry, I know how it feels missing a real friend ...
Lovely wishes,
Sylvia

Lallee said...

Ohhhhhhh, this post is dripping with beauty!!!

Christie Jones Ray said...

These photos of your lilac and finch are exquisite! Such beautifully vivid colors.

Blessings to be found, always!
Christie

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh yes, this is one of Mother Natures favorite gifts. Mmmmmm I can smell it from here.

Deb said...

Thank you Sylvia, Lallee, Christie & Lisa ♥

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE lilac! Aren't they beautiful. they smell so amazing! I hate that they bloom once a year and for so short time!
btw, such a great photographs!!!

Becky Shander said...

Wow, the view from your kitchen window is stunning...lucky you! And I can practically smell the water-kissed blooms.

Natalie said...

That yellow finch is beautiful! And a lovely quotation as well :-)

Q said...

Dear Deb,
I have so very much enjoyed catching up with your posts this evening.
This one is amazing. I can almost smell the lilacs...the Gold Finch is charming .....
All of your textures on the photographs are so pretty. I think the linen look is my favorite.
Hope you are having a delightful summer. Already the heat and humidity are making me wilt.
Sherry