{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Texture Tuesdays #10...

This weeks theme is one of my favourites ~ Gardening

***

In a picture

I want to say

something comforting

~Vincent Van Gogh~

Comfort & Joy

Kim Klassen Texture: Stained Linen

***

One of my favourite pastimes is Garage Sales. In my town, they typically start in May and end around mid Sept and I am up and out the door early each Saturday morning with newspaper in hand, eager to see what the day's search may unfold.

Over the years, I've found lots of bargains (it really is true that one man's junk is another man's treasure), had lots of laughs (wondering why anyone would buy some items to begin with) :-)

and most importantly, made great memories with my daughter (and garage sale partner in crime)!!
I'm always on the look out for anything garden inspired & many of the "chachkies" in the garden were found at garage sales for pennies. Since we use our garden so much during the Summer, it really is an extension of our home, and we've created little "rooms" throughout it and decorate it as such.

Our pergola has an iron candelabra hanging from it, chairs have comfortable cushions, lanterns are filled with candles, decorative plaques and sconces are attached to the house and just like inside, we are surrounded by things that mean something special to us.

One of my favourite things to collect is vintage galvanized watering cans ♥ Depending on their condition, we use them for holding flowers, simply decoration, and yes, even for watering the garden by hand :-)

No matter what term is used to describe them, be it yard sale, street sale, moving sale, tag sale, car port sale etc ... I look forward to them every Spring/Summer.

This weeks free texture "Stained Linen" from Kim is one of my favourites so far ~ Thank you Kim for use of your generous textures ♥

6 comments:

Kim, USA said...

I love your photo, very pretty!

Texture Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love watering cans too...

Anonymous said...

Sweet post, Deb! Love the story {esp. about being able to share these experiences with your daughter} and share your love of old watering cans. Beautiful photo & texture work! Xo

Anonymous said...

love you pot :) very crative! and the shot is beautiful!

joco said...

Hiya Deb,

I've got a few you can have :-)
I hate using them, as the bottom buckles and they never stand up straight.
Maybe I ought to half dig them in somewhere and plant stuff in them.
The picture turned out well and I'm sure you are pleased with the result.

Monica said...

Love love love watering cans too. I have three of them, all vintage. Well, they're in storage at the moment... hope I will be able to use them again soon!
Your texturized pic is amazingly sweet.
Monica xo