{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...




This past weeks rain has brought about lots of changes ~ buds have turned into blooms, the grass desperately needs cutting & we have colour in our garden thanks to the Lilac.
Of course, it's not only the rain that has brought about change ...


My morning walk is different ~


Today ...


I was Thankful for the beauty of the Red Cardinal keeping a watchful eye over his mate who was eating nearby...
I was Thankful for spotting birds I hadn't seen on the walking path before...
I was Thankful this sweet Pine Siskin looked directly at the camera ...
I was Thankful for this little random bench to sit and reflect ...


The word "Happiness"


would lose its meaning


if it were not balanced


by sadness


~Carl Jung~

8 comments:

Monica said...

I am THANKFUL for YOU!
Big hugs,
Monica xoxo

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I bet it feels odd not having a furry walking companion. Big Hugs.

Christie Jones Ray said...

Scrolling down your side bar, reading the lovely quotes and poems, I came upon the "once upon a nest" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. I had only seen her name ( that I can recall) in my great great grandmothers Bible. A poem written by her, was pasted on the back cover. I just featured it in a post dedicated to and titled Minnie Elizabeth Weatherington Aly.
Truly a small world indeed.
Such a beautiful place here.
Blessings,
Christie

Christie Jones Ray said...

....the poem is titled 'One of us Two'...

libbyquilter said...

oh my~! i am thankful that i've discovered your wonderful blog~!!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Julie@beingRUBY said...

oh the bench and view of the sea would certainly make me happy!! beautiful shots..

Thanks for popping by my way and sorry for my tardiness.. have a great weekend. ciao xxx Julie

reimaginedtreasures.blogspot.com said...

As always your photos are wonderful. I haven't been blogging in months, and am visiting the ones I missed like yours...I love how you say what you're grateful for, too. I am grateful because the sun is out finally, and the birds are singing so loudly that I don't need to play music!! Blessings, Kathi

Suzanne said...

The last pic makes me miss my childhood summers on Cape Cod. Wonderful shot!
Blessings,
Suzanne