{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I walk with beauty ...

I feel blessed to be surrounded by such beauty ...
On any given day, no matter what the weather, I see it everywhere as Ernie & I walk...

I stop and talk with the squirrels :-)

who are hoping, I'm sure, that I have brought a treat! ...

the ducks swim closer to shore

thinking the same thing :-) ...

buds are appearing everywhere...

the sun and rain have awakened them ...

We are never alone on our walks ...

And there are subtle signs that others have been on the same walking path...

The chipmunks were very happy to find generous amounts of corn scattered on rocks...

I smiled as they filled up their pouches...
***

BEAUTY before me

I walk with

BEAUTY behind me

I walk with

BEAUTY above me

I walk with

BEAUTY below me

I walk with

BEAUTY all around me

I walk with

~Navajo Night Chant~

I write this hesitantly, and with a heavy heart (and many tears) as my boy Ernie is not well.

Our daily walks have become more and more special. We've been walking at a very slow pace of late, and notice everything because of it.

Over the past few weeks, he has suffered two strokes and after a number of tests and x-rays we have been told by our wonderful, kind and compassionate vet that his time with us is limited.

So I will be taking a little break from the computer ~ enjoying this time with my Beautiful Boy ♥
~D~

7 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

God Bless sweet Ernie who I know has been a source of comfort and companionship for you. Wishing you all the best as you continue to love him with all your might as long as you can. Hugs, Tammy

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh Ernie, I wish you well. Do make his last days comfortable. Love seeing what you two see on your walks. Black squirrels are rare around here. Big Hugs.

Lallee said...

Oh Deb, my heart breaks for you. You are in my prayers. We have a sad situation with Baggins too. I won't share more for now since I have not gone public yet. Our hearts are aching too as we know his life hangs in the balance.
Hugs,
Lallee

Anonymous said...

Deb I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how precious Ernie is. My thoughts are with you.

Monica said...

You know I am thinking of and praying for Ernie and you.
Big hugs.
Monica xo

Deb said...

Thank you so much T,Lisa, Lallee, Pat & Monica ♥

erin's art and gardens said...

oh no...i am so sorry to hear this. mothers day is a sad day for me, since we put my beloved bichon frise down on this day two years ago..he was 17 and a half years old and sat on my lap every single second that he could. it is so difficult to go through this...i am praying you find the strength to deal with the tremendous loss you will feel. there is nothing like the friendship and loyalty of a dog..........