{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, May 15, 2020

week in reflection ...

I normally do this post on a Thursday
my Thankful {things I love} Thursday post
but yesterday was spent catching up on the phone and Zoom with loved ones
and making scalloped potatoes and pasta salad, reading and nesting.
***
for my ears
the soothing sound of my Tibetan music bowl
I waited so long to buy one and would try them every time I spotted one in a shop knowing that as soon as I heard the vibration of sound coming from the tiny copper vessel, I'd know it was the one for me! 
for my eyes
These beautiful flowers were a Mother's Day gift from my grandsons (and their mum and dad too) 
I was baking :-D and heard a knock at the door but when I looked, no one was there...
On the front porch were these lovely flowers and a bag of gifts 
and the best gift of all, their beautiful faces waiting at the side of the house to surprise me.
Social distancing is hard... but we know we will be together soon! 
for my mouth
This weeks Zoom family cooking show menu was chocolate chip cookies
I made a few custard tarts as well while I had the oven on.
When I pulled out my measuring cups, I noticed my ravioli cutter and thought it would make the perfect mini tart pastry cutter! 
for my soul
candles - always and setting a pretty table... it's good for the soul.
The wine  was a gift from a friend of my daughter.
I love a candle in a wine bottle and all the gorgeous drips and looking at those drips and thinking of all the memories behind the times the candle was lit. I had these all over my first apartment in the 70's :-D with multi coloured drips covering the glass. 
for my feet
apart from walking Archer in the early morning hours,
wandering not much further than my own garden
for my hands
writing lots of snail mail letters of love to my children and grandchildren
who I love 
to the moon and back!
this has become a "tradition" a quick reflection photo from my back deck just before we head inside.
I love that Archer is always beside me!
***
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through,
how you managed to survive.
You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over.
But one thing is certain.
When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in.
That's what this storm's all about"
~Haruki Murakami~ 

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Lovely post. I am glad you got to "see" your loved ones on Mother's Day. Hang in there.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful postings as always
Much love
Jeanne

Kate said...

These are so beautiful, mum. I love that you always see the sun and bright spots among the clouds in the storm. Your positivity is inspirational!

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you! We are loving the "zoom" get togethers! hope you are doing well.

Deb said...

thank you dear Jeanne ~ I hope you are doing well xo

Deb said...

thank you so much Kate (insert hugs and kisses)!! xo mum