{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
the fabulous Annie Lennox 
for my eyes
fresh spotted buds on the honeysuckle vine
for my mouth
early morning baking ~ today it's cornbread and raisin scones
yesterday it was homemade pizza 
my daughter and grandson have a Zoom cooking show once a week :-D  ~ just one of the things we do to all keep in touch. Yesterday,  I  {La La} had a guest appearance! So much fun … and all 3 pizzas looked delicious! 
Mine had mushrooms, green and black olives, sliced onions and red and yellow peppers
Light a candle
Say a prayer
Send good thoughts and positivity
to the world out there
for my soul
Our pond was opened up last weekend
I have a little meditation spot here at the bottom of the garden, next to the pond.
Above me a lovely old tree and a smaller, 30 year old  flowering pear.
I will often have tiny white petals that have sprinkled on my shoulders when I finish my meditation.
I can hear the birds singing.
Once, I had one of our garden rabbits sitting beside me when I opened my eyes ~ bliss
for my feet
a walk through the garden
the only colour at the moment comes from the wild violets that are filling out beautifully 
I'm finding patches of them all over the garden
for my hands
walking around the garden with my camera gives me a sense of calm.
It helps to put things into perspective during these unsettling times … 
no matter what is going on, I have control over my own little space - filling it with music, candlelight, home cooked, nutritional meals, what I choose to watch and listen to  ~I've been watching some wonderful live videos on IG during the week such as : From the Garden Shed , Tuesdays at 5pm our time.  Catherine owns and runs a wonderful lavender farm in B.C. and has lots of gardening tips and Zoe Bakes on Saturday at noon, our time.  Zoe does a fabulous cooking segment on her IG account.
 I receive a daily email from The Daily Good that's filled with positivity (and wonderful quotes)
like the one below
***
Now is the time
to sit in the present
to dream of the future
and to learn from the past
~The Daily Good~

reflecting on the week … thinking about the weekend on this Thankful Thursday.
Have a wonderful day!
deb
xo

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That Zoom is a life saver during these times. So glad you can stay in touch with your family this way. I am always Thankful to find your positive Posts in the mail. I am not so sure Archer was accepting of his head gear even though he is cute as a button. ha...Cheers and have a wonderful weekend.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ zoom is really great - seeing all those sweet faces along with their voices is a blessing! Archer is a good sport for sure … this photo is only 1 of many ;-D As long as we are together, he's willing to humor me!
Thankful for your visits and kind comments ~ I'm so happy you are enjoying this little spot to jot down thoughts.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend too!

Jeanne said...

Happy Mother's day and thanks for all the beautiful postings always
Love Jeanne

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ thank you so much for stopping by & your kind words.
I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day xo