{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, May 28, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
the buzzing of the bees
I am thrilled to spot so many happy bees in the garden!
They are big and plump and healthy
for my eyes
***
loving this book
The Garden Awakening
by
Mary Reynolds
for my mouth
***
a delicious and easy to make fresh salad
couscous* grated carrot* celery* broccoli* orange pepper* and a sprinkle of raisins & chia seeds ~ toss with  a simple olive oil, turmeric, lemon juice dressing ~ fresh and delicious


for my soul
***
cloud watching
sitting outside on my back deck and looking up at the sky
watching the thick clouds and making out their shapes
… often, I see hearts
xo

for my feet
***
Nia dance 
I had planned to register for a Nia dance class just before 'everything changed' … 
and then I found some fantastic on-line classes
Nia dance incorporates  body-emotion-mind & spirit 
all done to some incredible music!




for my hands
***
a macramé wall hanging
I really love playing around with different macramé knots & creating them on pieces of driftwood gathered along the beach near home 
I added some wooden beads as I was forming knots
but after I was finished, felt this wall hanging needed something "more"
So I found 2 more pieces of driftwood whose shape fit together nicely and added those - tying them all together with twine and raffia
and then added some eucalyptus, dried roses and babies breath
… a little heart shaped piece of Lake Ontario beach glass was added to the top
***
"You can't always get what you want.
But if you try
sometimes, you'll find
what you need"
~Rolling Stones~ 

No comments: