{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, January 18, 2018

thankful {things I love} thursday ...

... oh these lyrics ...

"Gather yourself by the seashore
and I will love you there.
Assemble yourself
with wild things
with songs of the Sparrow
and sea foam.
Let mad beauty 
collect itself in your eyes
and it will shine,
calling me.
For I long for a man
with nests of wild things in his hair.
A man who will kiss the flame"
~Jewel~
&
~lake walks~
I always feel so thankful that on any given day,
Archer and I can decide to walk along the lake
or head to the woods. Both serene and peaceful ... 
I will return home with a treasure {or two}  no matter where I decide to wander...
driftwood * beach glass * stones * or  *  twigs * grapevine * leaves
the ocean is everything I want to be.
beautiful* mysterious* wild * and * free *
"Because
there's nothing more beautiful
than the way the ocean
refuses to stop kissing
the shoreline,
no matter
how many times
it's sent away"
~Sarah Kay~
she loved the ocean
because every time the waves 
left the shore,
they always came back

... just like me ...today it will be a lake walk
happy Thursday x

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If I lived by water that graced the shore with such treasures my garden would be full of those treasures. I love the poem by Jewel. She was such an unexpected thrill to find. I always liked her music but when I saw a book of poetry, I was blown away that someone so young could write so I could identify with such writing. Happy Thursday to you too.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ It is something I never take for granted!
And Jewel - and those lyrics ... I found her book a few weeks ago, a wonderful read.