{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, January 16, 2018

by moonlight ...

Every once in a while
a painting will emerge
that is totally different
from what I originally had in mind ...
It fascinates me ... I know it is due partly to my *thoughts* as I am painting * energy* mood * 
possibly {probably ;-D}the impending New Moon which we will see tonight.
~by moonlight~ is one of those paintings x
***
Under a moon lit sky
I think of us
Meet me there
in the night time hush 
"Don't forget love;
it will bring you
all the madness you need
to unfurl yourself 
across the Universe"
~Mirabai~

"A dreamer 
is one
who can only
find her way
by moonlight"
~Oscar Wilde~

Maybe the wolf
is in love with the moon
and each month
it cries for a love
it will never touch

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I feel this way about writing sometimes, Deb. I started to write a column yesterday, and was aiming at a humorous version of an event, then it turned a little more serious and melancholy. When I free-write, words come straight from my head to my fingertips. Maybe this is what happened to you.

Lovely painting.

Jane

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ yes ...sometimes I have a very clear vision in my head and the painting is exactly as I envisioned and then others times ... totally different. I remember once it began to snow outside as I was painting and I stopped to watch the snow fall ...when I returned to painting, I began adding navy blue and darker colours to my paint palette and a snowy scene appeared :-D ... all meant to be x

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This often happens to me too. I start off thinking I am going to do one thing and another gets accomplished. Well done I say no matter.

Deb said...

hi lisa ~ thank you ... when this happened I remembered my "guiding word" for 2018 *flow* and just let it go where it wanted to flow :-D