{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What do you see ?

{home again}
Happy February
I thought I would share 3 new  paintings today.
Each a little more abstract than my usual paintings
but I love to just sit and paint every once in a while
with absolutely nothing in mind but the pure joy of paper/canvas/paint.
Ironically however, I can find the image of a bird ... this was really just a movement of paint and paper as when doing any abstract work I always move my paper/canvas about.
When I turned the paper one more time, there she was ♥ and the title for the print came to me at the same time.
{ Sweet bird arrives in a garden of flowers in bloom and professes "Home Again"}
That wonderful feeling of bliss returning to the comforting sights you have missed.

{I am grounded}
Similarly with I am grounded.
What I love about abstract art is it's interpretation is left to the viewer more than other art.
~what do you see?~
{entangled}
twisting roots* locking hands* intertwined fingers* embracing arms* ~ there is such a warm feeling of safety, of connection ... a belonging in the entanglement. The dance of Life ♥
Prints can be found in my Etsy shop
vintage sparrow studio
{link is on my blog sidebar}
***
I see
Spirit
in everything.
Peace
is at hand.
~Jonathan Lockwood Huie~

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I really and truly love these paintings, Deb! it must be a creative challenge to depart from a style you are so familiar with but I have to say, everything you do is brilliant! Keep up the abstract work, these are beautiful paintings!

Jane x

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ thank you so much for your kind words ♥ Happy February xo

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

These are all so beautiful. I adore the first one, those colors are perfect.

Deb said...

thank you so much Andrea ~ I appreciate your kind words ♥