{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 20, 2017

Treasures from the trail ...

We've been experiencing unseasonably warm weather ...
breaking records
being the lover of Winter that I am makes me so grateful for a little spot
I know of where there was still {albeit a mall amount} of snow ♥
So  headed out to the woods and one of my favourite trails ...
I had my camera,  packed picnic lunch,
along with a very happy black Labrador, and off we went ...
no coincidence that we stumbled across this snowy heart
the only bit of snow left on a very muddy trail
my "favourite" {dare I say} :-) tree
but this old Oak tree is a beauty
and where most of the acorns I gather in the Autumn are gifted from
entangled ♥
lots of puddles for Archer to run through
~he was in his glory!
sunny reflections in puddles
and then into the woods
and fairie houses
and snow
~so many sweet quirky little creations found ... you are sure that little fairies have been busy ~
bliss
hard to see in the photo, but there is a little "arbour"
one of the things I love about the snowy trails is  that there is always prints left
often deer, rabbit and bird prints can be spotted
and the occasional "tree" :-D

heart shadows
Happy Monday/ Family Day

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a special day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Mereknits said...

Such a beautiful post Deb. Thank you for taking us along on your walk.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Lovely early Spring photos. We too are experiencing warmer than usual temperatures, and I am loving it. I don't mind winter, but I need to get outside everyday, so I am having an easier winter than normal. Enjoy the rest of your week Deb.
Andrea

Deb said...

thank you so much Darlene ♥

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ thank you! happy March xo

Deb said...

thank you Andrea ~ I am an Autumn/Winter person and always wish for Winter and snow to last longer than most :-D ♥