{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Monday, February 20, 2017

Treasures from the trail ...

We've been experiencing unseasonably warm weather ...
breaking records
For us ... being the lovers of Winter that we are, we're so grateful for a little spot
we know of where there was still {albeit a mall amount} of snow ♥
So we headed out to the woods and one of our favourite trails ...
I had my camera, hubby had our packed picnic lunch,
along with our very happy black Labrador, and off we went ...
no coincidence that we stumbled across this snowy heart
the only bit of snow left on a very muddy trail
my "favourite" {dare I say} :-) tree
but this old Oak tree is a beauty
and where most of the acorns I gather in the Autumn are gifted from
entangled ♥
lots of puddles for Archer to run through
~he was in his glory!
sunny reflections in puddles
and then into the woods
and fairie houses
and snow
~so many sweet quirky little creations found ... you are sure that little fairies have been busy ~
bliss
hard to see in the photo, but there is a little "arbour"
one of the things I love about the snowy trails is  that there is always prints left
often deer, rabbit and bird prints can be spotted
and the occasional "tree" :-D

heart shadows
Happy Monday/ Family Day

6 comments:

Darlene said...

What a special day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Mereknits said...

Such a beautiful post Deb. Thank you for taking us along on your walk.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Lovely early Spring photos. We too are experiencing warmer than usual temperatures, and I am loving it. I don't mind winter, but I need to get outside everyday, so I am having an easier winter than normal. Enjoy the rest of your week Deb.
Andrea

Deb said...

thank you so much Darlene ♥

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ thank you! happy March xo

Deb said...

thank you Andrea ~ I am an Autumn/Winter person and always wish for Winter and snow to last longer than most :-D ♥