{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rooted yet Surging ...

{rooted yet surging}
~ new painting available in my Etsy shop~
birds * trees * roots
~some of my favourite things~
"I never saw a discontented tree.
They grip the ground
as though they liked it
and though fast rooted,
they travel about
as far as we do"
~John Muir~

{one of my favourite trees in Stratford, Ont}
"A great free joy
surges through me when I work ...
with tense slashes
and a few thrusts
the beautiful white fields
receive their colour and the work is finished
in a few minutes"
~Clyfford Still~

1 comment:

Country Gal said...

Lovely painting . We have a few trees like that here to with in our forest . I love trees , so does our Miggs, every day on our walk I tell her to hug her tree and she jumps up against it with both front legs like a hug and is as happy as a lark when she does it . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !