{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, May 27, 2013

Lilac ...

Our little lilac bush seems to have been rejuvenated ...
producing more and more blooms ...
that have turned from pale to vibrant ...
I couldn't resist cutting more for inside.
 
Just now
the lilac is in bloom
all before
my little room;
and in my flower-beds
I think
smile the carnation
and the pink
~Rupert Brooke~

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

My very favorite flower, Wish I could smell them through this computer screen.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Deb said...

Hi Meredith,
They really do smell amazing. Over the weekend my daughter & I walked a labyrinth & the entrance was covered in Wisteria ... the scent was incredible!

Julie Marie said...

So very beautiful Deb... my miniature "Miss Kim" Lilac bush is just now starting to bloom... I hate to see Lilac time come and go so quickly... xoxo Julie Marie

Deb said...

Hi Julie Marie
I always look forward to 'Lilac time' as the Yellow Finch arrive in our garden as soon as it blooms ♥ & I agree ... it comes and goes so quickly.