{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Art

Monday, May 27, 2013

Lilac ...

Our little lilac bush seems to have been rejuvenated ...
producing more and more blooms ...
that have turned from pale to vibrant ...
I couldn't resist cutting more for inside.
 
Just now
the lilac is in bloom
all before
my little room;
and in my flower-beds
I think
smile the carnation
and the pink
~Rupert Brooke~

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

My very favorite flower, Wish I could smell them through this computer screen.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Deb said...

Hi Meredith,
They really do smell amazing. Over the weekend my daughter & I walked a labyrinth & the entrance was covered in Wisteria ... the scent was incredible!

Julie Marie said...

So very beautiful Deb... my miniature "Miss Kim" Lilac bush is just now starting to bloom... I hate to see Lilac time come and go so quickly... xoxo Julie Marie

Deb said...

Hi Julie Marie
I always look forward to 'Lilac time' as the Yellow Finch arrive in our garden as soon as it blooms ♥ & I agree ... it comes and goes so quickly.