{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, July 2, 2019

England ...

Finally getting around to posting some photos from May in England 
… white cliffs of dover
enjoyed many cups of tea and scones
this little shop in Stowe was a gem
moving back and forth between camera & iPad :-D
flowers everywhere
Every time I look through the photos... and there are hundreds of them ...  I am taken back to my beloved England 
a place on Earth that is not only my place of birth but part of my heart & soul …
Only a few days had rain … but it's English rain … bliss
of course … as soon as I saw Art Supplies, I had to walk in … 
And anything to do with animals and animal welfare gets my attention { and change}
Cotswolds
Leeds Castle gardens
Dreamy Wisteria everywhere …
Leeds Castle
Taking it all in
Devils Dyke
"We talk always about our grief at leaving the land,
when we leave a place we have loved.
The grief of the emigrant,
the yearning for the land we once inhabited.
But what if, when we leave it, the land grieves for us?"
~Sharon Blackie~

… hope you enjoy these little snippets of England … 

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing like going home again. I loved seeing your tour pictures. You can share as many as you want to. I will appreciate them all. I was there some 30+ years ago. Before I took lots of photos. Wish I had been in picture mode at that time. I hope to get back there some time.
Did you purchase anything in the art supply store? I would have been tempted to just to have something from England. I like things that I use. :) Cheers.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ so happy you are enjoying the photos … there is just so much history and beauty in every corner to be found. I have pictures on the camera and iPad so sorting through them all (still) putting names/dates with them all with plans to put together a travel album. I know what you mean about being tempted to buy something from all the shops … I would have loved to have purchased more but suitcase size limitations prevented getting anything too big :-) so it was just a few pens.

Mereknits said...

So beautiful, I have never been but I feel like I would feel perfectly at home there. Thank you for sharing with us.

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ thank you so much … even though I emigrated as a young child moving to Canada, the moment I stepped off the plane it felt like home. I am so happy you enjoyed the photos … I hope to share more soon. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend (heat wave here)!

Chrissie said...

Lovely memories, Deb :-)

Deb said...

hi Chris ~ thank you for adding to the "lovely memories" and planning so many wonderful spots to visit xo