{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, July 15, 2019

the invitation ...

*the invitation*

Won't you come and sit with me
under the vines of a berry tree ?
Where all is quiet and I can hear
the sound of your breath when you are near

I'll close my eyes
and remember this time,
When I was yours
and you felt like mine

For I don't know how long
this moment will last -
But i know there's a reason
our paths crossed in a world so vast

And when you leave,
as I know you must
There's one thing
that you can trust -

That I'll always remember,
and never forget
That magical moment
when we met
xo

~thoughts of a magical moment a few years ago, when a gorgeous owl rested in our garden arbour. I spoke to him softly, it was just the two of us , and when he winked at me ... pure joy! A little painting and love note in gratitude to the pure beauty of nature.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

A fun poem. Well done.

Mereknits said...

It is beautiful Deb. As I am a hug fan of owls, and whenever i hear them I think they are directly speaking to me. This piece speaks to me as well. You did an amazing job.

Deb said...

thanks Lisa ~ have a wonderful weekend!

Deb said...

thank you so much Meredith ~ I've met a few owls on woodland walks with Archer, but having an owl in our garden felt particularly magical!