{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

holding hands ...

My art apron ...
a canvas in itself
holding abstract  memories
of
brush strokes
&
and hand wipes
***
When I work,
and in my art,
I hold hands
with God
~Robert Mapplethorpe~
my old artists portfolio ...
when I pull it out, Archer knows we will be a while in the studio
so he gets comfy :-)
thought I'd share a few of them here today
as I reminisce ♥
I really think this doggie needs a make over ...
a little  paint will turn him into a Black Labrador in no time
this old chair once sat in my garden ...
surrounded by brightly coloured zinnia
and I planted holly hock from seed one year.   they grew so tall along the fence ...
we always have lots of bunnies in our garden ...
 
old paintings of my daughter {and fellow nature lover}  when she was little ♥
and lots of unfinished pieces ...
so many teeny tiny violas!
we always had a budgie
and Jacob was my daughters pride and joy
he had the vocabulary of a young child
the most gorgeous green & yellow
they both made wonderful models...
and hamsters,
we always had hamsters,
and I've mentioned here before, how I would write little stories around our budgies and hamsters & create  homemade books...
this was a scene from one of the stories ...
 
a sketch of me cuddling my new born son ♥
24 years ago!
and Mama mouse cuddling her baby ...
and to show how old some of these sketches/watercolours are, I found one that was dated :-)
***
Every human
is an artist.
The dream of your life
is to make
beautiful art
~Miguel Angel Ruiz~

10 comments:

The Reed Warbler said...

Hi Deb,
I really love your work and how wonderful it must be to have all that beautiful memories preserved in watercolours like a painted diary.Thanks for sharing, Anita xo

Julie Marie said...

Hi Deb... how cute that Archer is settling in and getting comfy while you paint!... love all of your beautiful paintings... so fun to see these things, that little mama mouse holding her baby is adorable!... I wish I could paint like you do!... but I have fun with my little sketches... these paintings all tell happy stories and I am so glad you shared them, xoxo Julie Marie (and Tessy!)...

Deb said...

thank you anita ~ I've been pulling out all these old stories lately to read to my 3 year old grandson but my daughter who is 29 and I have been having so much fun sitting on the floor reading them together and remembering all those moments painted ♥

Deb said...

hi Julie marie ~ I am sure that more than a few of archer's hairs are being used in my paintbrush :-) he is ALWAYS beside me. There is a tiny stream of sunlight coming through the window and he is fast asleep , home from a nice long walk in the park.

sage and spirit said...

Such beautiful and delicate paintings, like little glimpses of your life. Thanks for sharing them!

Lisa Gordon said...

My newborn son came along 24 years ago too!

I love these paintings, and the memories that go along with them.

Archer looks soooo comfy! :-)

erin's art and gardens said...

I love seeing little snippets of your arty world....
Have fun in the studio...
Erin

Deb said...

thank you sage for your visit & kind comment ~ It's been lovely to share these old sentimental pieces of art here & I am grateful for your kind words ♥

Deb said...

hi lisa ~ you must be thinking the same thing as I do "where has the time gone"! :-D
thank you for your kind words.
sweet Archer looks so content when I look at him as he always manages to find the tiniest puddle of sun stream to cuddle into ♥

Deb said...

hi erin ~ thank you ♥