{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yarn Along...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Snow is in the forecast :-)

I keep looking out the window as I type anticipating seeing those lovely white flakes ...

I am reading (as I have for years now) "A Day book of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I think it's probably the best book purchase I've ever made. It stays next to my bed, and each night, I read the page for that day. It's become one of many traditions.

Maybe that's why I love it so :-)

Listening to Michael Buble ~ Cold December Night has become my favourite new Christmas song. I fell in love with the words the minute I heard them.

Of course, no matter what new song I hear {Oh Holy Night will always be my favourite } ♥
With all the traditions that come this time of year, I also like to try new things ... start "new" traditions

so this year, I made a few dozen little tags made from the same salt/flour dough recipe that my children played with many years ago. Stamped & baked in a low oven, I will tuck them into Christmas cards, add some twine and turn them into little book savers, attach mini hooks and place some on the Christmas tree.


I've knit a few Mug Hugs... this one was made to cuddle my Anthropologie Monogrammed Mug and it keeps my tea nice and hot.
Well, now that I have a fresh mug of tea, I best get busy and finish my cards.

I'd love to send a little Mug Hug and tag as a Thank You

for another wonderful year of Blogging Friendship ♥

Just leave me a comment here & I will pick a name on Sunday ~ leaving time to hopefully have it arrive in time for Christmas. Everyone, no matter where you live is welcome to enter.


Like Santa, I deliver gifts worldwide.
***

Linking with Yarn Along

15 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi there! Visiting from Ginny's link-up. Those mug hugs are a great gift-giving idea - I'll have to remember that when I have another I-don't-have-time-to-make-scarves-for-everyone moment.

Love the St. Thomas More quote in your header!

sara said...

Hello there Deb, thanks for popping by, those salt flour tags are beautiful, what a lovely way to mark your page, and I see you're a Michael Buble fan too.
lily

Monica said...

Hehe! Loved your last sentence!
Simple Abundance is a faithful companion of mine, too, and always have it on hand.
Your mug hugs and tags are wonderful! I'd be very glad to own one!
Thanks for your generous gift for one of us.
Monica xo

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have been busy as Santa's little elves. I have read this book a time or two. Maybe it is time to pull it out again. Have fun creating.

amanda {the habit of being} said...

love how cozy everything looks! the tags are so sweet and mug hugs...perfect gift (must remember for next year)!!!

Anonymous said...

Mug hugs are a great holiday idea! (I did some for a friend when she opened a coffee shop, and then totally forgot all about them!) Thanks for the reminder--and for the chance (fingers crossed!) to win???!!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Deb this is wonderful! I love the tags and I remember making the "play dough" for my girls.

Beautiful post!

Jeanne said...

I love you Deb. I too love that book and also
Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban Breathnach.

Blessings my friend.
I love all you share.
I love you
Jeanne♥

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Deb! What a nice post.
You knit too? Would you like to see my knitting?
I guarantee you would not! :)
A lovely giveaway...
Hugs Rosemary...xx

Luisa said...

Looks like you've been busy. The mug hugs are great idea I've never seen any. I have the 2 copies of that book one for me and one for a friend I'm behind reading but I enjoy it when I pick it up a again. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Roser og Patina said...

Hi Deb. Thank you for your sweet comment.:) A lovely blog you have:) Wish you a great weekend. Hugs Ellen.

Inger Marie said...

Hello:)
So lovely...I like:))
And tanks for your comment...happy:)
Have a nice weekend:))

Donna said...

Hi Deb,
Your tags are lovely. It sounds like you have been cozying in and enjoying the season. I love my Simple Abundance book too, and keep it by my chair in the living room, bringing it out often to read.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Lori ann said...

oh i'm probably too late! it takes me all week to get through the yarnalong (i work outside the home). i love this post deb, that book and your beautiful mug cosy. i would like to have a cup of tea with you and watch for those first snow flakes. oh my goodness, i've never done that! it sounds so exciting!
xo

love your tags too, i'm inspired to do something similar.

jen said...

your blog makes me feel very warm and cozy! :)

what are the salt dough tags you speak of? i'm intrigued. is there a how-to somewhere?