{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When March Is Scarcely Here...

Had a walk through my very slushy garden this morning after filling up the bird feeders.
Birdsong is starting earlier & lasting longer each morning!
No need to bring in any more Pussy Willow branches to force ~

They are all in full bloom.
March has come in like a lamb
There is still quite a bit of snow left in the garden
And I had to walk over snow banks in order to take photos :-)

And while I walked over the snow ... Ernie rolled, frolicked & finally sat in it
keeping a watchful eye on me ☺

A light exists in Spring
Not present in the Year
At any other period
When March is scarcely here
~Emily Dickinson~

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ohh yes, aren't these longer days wonderful. The sun is out here today too. It feels so good. I am glad you and Ernie are enjoying the day.

Jeanne said...

I love pussywillows and I love spring and your quotes and you

Love Jeanne

Q said...

Happy March!
We also had a "in like a lamb" day.
Spring is flirting but I know these end of winter days can be a roller coaster ride.
Your Pussy Willow is lovely. I used to have a Pussy Willow but it died....crazy!
Hope your snows melt soon.
Always a joy to visit you.
Sherry

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful pics...
Rene
Thanks for the congrats...I love being a grandma!