{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful (things I love} Thursday...

~ LOVER OF THE WRITTEN WORD~

I recently had the honour of having an apron I designed published in Volume 3 of Apronology.

The quote "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" by C.S. Lewis was my inspiration and I designed the apron around it.
When I sent in my submission, I wrote about how much I love quotes and the written word (which anyone who has stopped by my little blog knows) :-). I was however, shocked, and so impressed, when a few months ago, the final layout was sent to me!! The book & tea theme was incorporated with a bookcase holding vintage books in the background, and tea set in co-ordinating colours to the apron :-)
Special Thanks to Christen Olivarez and staff for this wonderful opportunity. The care and detail to packaging when submissions are returned also shows their amount of respect for the artist's work. I am always so impressed & Thankful with the thoughtfulness shown.
***
You are never too old to set another goal
or to dream new
~C.S. Lewis~

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Congrats!!! What fun. I have wanted to purchase this magazine before but have never seen it on the stands. I will have to see if I can order it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful (and I love CS Lewis quotes, too!)

Lynda said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations Deb!