{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, March 22, 2024

this week . . .


If you follow me on Instagram (vintage sparrow studio) , you will have already seen my wonderful news . . . 
I've been published in the first issue of yoonyen (pronounced Union).
Yoonyen ~ where passion and creativity unite~
I am one of 72 artists and you can find me on pages 42 & 43 
where I have 4 of my paintings. 
For I will protect you
Mystic Circle
One Day
Melodious Reservoir

Mystic Circle and One Day are in the Art in the Workplace #38 juried show
and can be viewed in person at
McMaster Innovation Park
175 Longwood Road South
Hamilton, Ontario 
Many thanks to Sara Purves ~ publisher 
I am thrilled to be part of your vision for this gorgeous magazine and share the pages
with other creative beings. Yoonyen has only just been published and already sitting at  #2 
on Amazon's best selling list. 

Starting my mornings with a nice long beach walk . . . 
I never take for granted that beautiful Lake Ontario is at my doorstep.
 


It was only that I could hear the Sparrows singing that I knew they were there.
 Safely camouflaged amongst the beach grapevines.  
 I'm always surprised by the amount of beach glass I can find on any given walk 
not to mention the number of times I must have bent down to pick them up!
The best "workout" routine I can think of. 
Beach glass * a few pieces of driftwood * long stretches of sandy beach, calm waters, beautiful blue skies, bird friends ~ bliss! 
Once home, I make a nice cup of tea and take my beach treasures
out of my gathering bag. It's like a meditation to me as I arrange them, piece by piece on our family room coffee table.
 
The table is indestructible. It's a vintage railroad luggage/factory cart. Originally used to transport luggage at railroad stations. 
The "raven" stone is an oldie, and you can imagine my joy when it was found on a beach walk! I keep him on top of a wooden dough bowl full of beach glass. 
Happy Friday ~ thanks for stopping by! 
Have a wonderful weekend ;-)
d xo 

No comments: