{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Art and Found Day 2024

Yesterday was Art and Found Day
March 12 2024
where artists worldwide leave free art in their neighbourhoods. 

Hubby and I headed out in the morning
 (hence the coat, hat and gloves)
bag filled with 4 free art packages 
I chose my usual spots that celebrate two of the things I love most
dogs and books!
leaving my parcels of art in 3 little free libraries and at the leash free park

Our weather has been all over the place, 
so when I was packaging up the art, I wrapped each in a 
recycled plastic sleeve to keep it dry.
Turns out, yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day which seemed to bring
lots of people out walking and hopefully looking for art! 
To see the art before it was wrapped up
please have a look over at my IG account
vintage sparrow studio

The birds were loving the weather
serenading us with their sweet songs as we walked home... joy!
We had commented on the amount of Robin's spotted
when we saw what we thought was an albino Robin.
A quick google search and we read that it was a leucistic Robin , quite rare 
1 in 30,000! Very, very beautiful! 

Happy to be participating again this year in Art and Found.

Next up, Art and Seek July 1 2024. While Art and Found is worldwide, Art and Seek is celebrated in and on Canada Day. 

 

No comments: