{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, March 27, 2020

to gather ...

I found an unusual piece of bark 
to me it looked just like a squirrel :-)
It even had this quirky little piece sticking out at the bottom resembling a foot
It didn't take much to bring him into existence … a little eye, and sweet ear detail,
a  light wash over the bark with 'storm cloud grey'
& a  little white added to the grey to make his tail bushy & there he is 
bringing a smile to my face (and I hope to yours too)! 
"I have made a great discovery...
In my paintings it is not the objects that matter to me
but what is between them: it is this "in -between" that is the real subject of my pictures.
When one reaches this state of harmony between things and one's self, one reaches … 
a state of perfect freedom and peace - which makes everything possible and right.
Life then becomes a perpetual revelation"
~George Braque~ 

'Silly girl'
the old lady smiled
'your different was your beautiful all along'
~Atticus~ 
"Normality is a paved road,
it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow"
~Vincent Van Gogh~ 
"this is the power of gathering:
it inspires us -
 delightfully-
 to be more hopeful,
joyful,
 more thoughtful,
in a word,
more alive"
~Alive Waters~ 

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Wow! That squirrel is wonderful! You have done a terrific job on that. How talented you are! Thanks.

Deb said...

hello Ellen ~ thank you so much!