{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Little red squirrel

We have someone new to our garden ...
and I am totally smitten!
At first she was running along the fence so quickly that my camera couldn't focus in time and I missed every opportunity to get a photo!
Then, I'd spot her again … I knew she was interested in the freshly filled feeders and dish of  cut fruit and nuts that I had placed under the feeder.
There were 5 or 6 black and grey squirrels already eating it and a swarm of black capped chickadees arrived which was amazing to see!
Then a Blue Jay and our Red Cardinal couple arrived.
 I decided that I was missing out on too much by trying to get a photo 
and put my camera down.
I knew she was very curious about everything!
Later in the afternoon, she was back and not only was she comfortable to eat under the feeder,
she walked on to the back deck as well once she realized there were walnuts waiting.
She looked up at me a few times... the lady sitting on the window seat with Nikon in hand clicking away as quickly as possible.  That would be me :-)
She looks much bigger in the photos
but she is really quite small with the sweetest eyes outlined in white.
And quite quirky and comical so she will fit in wonderfully in our garden!
We've been tossing around names (I've been thinking she's a girl but not sure) :-O
I'm partial to Dorothy (thinking of those special, magical red slippers)

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh! Sweet. 😊

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a cutie. Even though squirrels are pesky and dig in places I don't want them to dig I think they are darling. They add a bit of life to the garden.

Deb said...

hi Sandy - so adorable!

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ I've never seen a squirrel move so fast!
We have lots of black and grey squirrels but only one red.
And "Dorothy" is now "Monty" ;-)