{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Be

I will
sit and rest
listen 
to my breath
nurture
my soul
and allow myself
to melt 
into the moment
absorbing 
this place of peace
to
just
be
***
As I was refilling the bird feeders in our garden, I could hear the happy chirps of Sparrows hidden deep within the branches of our cedars.
Such joy in the moment.
Once all the feeders were topped up, I headed up to my studio and created a mixed media collage on canvas of my morning.
Vintage book pages and music sheets lay the foundation with Sparrow who has the wisdom to take in the given moment and just be.
I've created a print from the original mixed media canvas.
A gentle reminder to sit and simply be. Sometimes, we need a gentle reminder.
Paying homage to the Sparrows & my "guiding word" for 2020  Be ... 
Blessed Be,
deb x

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Blessed Be.
I love all you share.
Many thanks for all your beautiful postings
Love Jeanne

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Busy sparrows. They are so gregarious that they pull you into their world with their chatter.

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ thank you so much for your visit and kindness always!
I hope you are having a wonderful day xo

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ Oh how I love my sparrows!

Sandi said...

Ahh...

Deb said...

hi Sandi ~ thank you x