{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, October 7, 2019

life & art ...

Coyote
***
 visitors to our little  cottage garden
have been wonderful (art) inspiration & each spotting is as magical as the first!
It's hard to believe that in a city garden you can have Coyote/Crows/Fox/Owls 
These 4 are painted on wood and embellished with ribbons and trinkets, but I am working on turning the images into cards :-D
Crow
Fox
Owl & leaves from our Maple tree 
making waves
***
I always wonder about the origin of the beach glass/mermaid tears I find along the lake.
What was it before it shattered and the water took it for a journey … softened its jagged, broken bits and returned it to the sand?
Looking down at a handful of gathered  coloured glass, rubbing my fingers along them and turning them between my thumb & finger is a walking meditation. Peace & Serenity in my hands.
"What were you, before the water took you by the hand … what lessons did you need to learn before returning to the sand?" 
Walking a new painting into existence.
Last week, along with beach glass,  I found some amazing "talking stones". I refer to them as talking stones as I see very clear images in them that speak to me. They are utterly fascinating... A crow with open beak, polar bear, bird, mouse, a woman … (images can be found on my Instagram). That day I had a very heavy gathering bag :-D
 I have had lots of ideas floating around and have  been happily painting away.
I won't be adding any new pieces to my Etsy shop this month which is on Vacation Mode starting today until November 1st, but  "making waves" will include a few pieces of beach glass with every print.
"we return
 to each other
 in waves.
this is how 
water loves"
~nayyirah waheed~ 

6 comments:

Sandi said...

"What were you, before the water took you by the hand … what lessons did you need to learn before returning to the sand?"

Profound!

Deb said...

hi Sandi ~ thank you ~ for your visit and kind comment!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have been quite productive lately. Your vacation did wonders for you. I like these waves.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you! haven't left yet ;-D

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Lovely art, as always. I'm particularly fond of the crow. Really great character in that one!
Have a lovely week,
Andrea

Deb said...

thanks Andrea! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead too.