{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, October 27, 2019

Cape Cod Memories

"My soul is full of longing
for the secret of the sea.
And the heart of the great ocean
sends a thrilling pulse 
through me"
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~
We travelled 1,800 miles …with the view of spectacular colours of Autumn {sigh}
pumpkins and charm everywhere :-D
lots of beach walks
and beautiful homes
"For her the ocean was more than a dream,
it was a place she needed to visit to find herself.
And when she returned to the city,
you could see 
the sun in her eyes
the wind in her hair
and taste the infinite salt on her lips"
~Jose Chaves~

I think I love the ocean
because it's calm, beautiful, infinite.
But also angry, harsh, and magnificent.
And that intrigues me.
A {few} visits to Ben & Jerry's was a must
 as I had my wisdom teeth out a few days before leaving … 
Strawberry Shortcake ice cream {which is my favourite B & J flavor} was a wonderful treat!
A tour of the Ben & Jerry factory
yum

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Perfect quotes for your journey. Mmmmmmm B&J...you are making me hungry. Good to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb it looks like you had a beautiful visit to Cape Cod. Catching up on a few of your previous posts. Love your whimsical art pieces. Especially drawn to the piece you posted October 1st. Hope you are having a delightful day at Sparrow Studio. God Bless

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you … oh yes, Ben & Jerry's certainly was tasty!

Deb said...

hi Debbie ~ thank you so much for your visit & kind words. Cape Cod was absolutely beautiful … arrived home yesterday after a wonderful time away.
I have missed my little studio :-D and I am filled with inspiration and ideas. Happy November.