{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, June 23, 2017

drawn towards the wanderings of the woods ...

with my bundle of tiny twigs getting bigger by the day
I sat and painted a few
and looked through old discarded/damaged books
for words that spoke to me ...
*her heart was drawn towards the wanderings of the woods*
"the forest and I
was all there was.
In the deep still silence
I could feel
the Earth's
beating heart"
and looked through found treasures from walks past
~heart shaped stones~
owl faced walnut shells keeping me company
{and making me smile}
spotting hearts amongst the beauty of fallen and gathered bark
the trees fingerprint
"you were you
and I was I;
we were two
before our time.
I was yours
before I knew,
and you have always been
mine too"
skeleton leaves
oh how I love finding them
the epitome of life I think
what may look delicate and fragile and aged
has lived to tell a long story
of holding its own
and while some may look and see an old weathered leaf
I see resilience, life lived  and pure beauty ♥
I remember carrying this leaf home ever so carefully thinking it would crumble before I reached the front door
but what a lesson it taught me as it has sat in a bowl now for years  and has not changed :-D
acorns
rattling about
some with caps
others the caps have fallen off
"she lost herself in the trees
among the ever-changing leaves.
she wept beneath the wild sky
as stars told stories of ancient times.
the flowers grew towards her light,
the river called her name at night.
she could not live an ordinary life
with the mysteries of the universe
hidden in her eyes"
~Christy Ann Martine~
~painted bark fairie~
"Forests will always hold your secrets,
for that's what forests are for.
To separate and hide things.
To protect, to comfort, to hold, to envelop, to demonstrate, to slow down, to hold, to teach.
Go to the trees to explore your questions and dreams.
Go to the trees to desire and seek.
The world will listen
as you walk, watch, soften and breath"
~Victoria Erickson~

10 comments:

Sandi said...

"...she could not live an ordinary life
with the mysteries of the universe
hidden in her eyes"


Incredible!

Just wonderful.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

I love these words so much. Have a wonderful day,
Andrea

Deb said...

hi sandi ~ so happy these words resonated with you too ♥

Deb said...

hi andrea ~ I am so happy that you enjoyed the quotes ♥ have a wonderful weekend

Blondie's Journal said...

Your quotes are almost as enjoyable as your artwork! And your treasures...the skeleton leaf is a perfect example of how resilient nature is.

Thanks, Deb!

Jane x

Mereknits said...

Beautiful post today Deb, yo make me smile.

sage and spirit said...

Love all the treasures that you find on walks in the woods!

Deb said...

hi jane ~ thank you so much. I love skeleton leaves ... pro aging :-D xo

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ so happy to see you had stopped by ... and smiling xo ♥

Deb said...

hi Julie ~ good thing Archer is not into fetching sticks or we would have a collection! :-D Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday ♥