{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Maple Syrup day ...

This past weekend was spent at one of our families favourite spot ...
a yearly tradition ...
Maple Syrup day ♥
The entire day spent walking, talking, taking lots of photos, tractor rides, maple EVERYTHING,
pancake and maple syrup breakfast in the barn ... and most importantly ... making memories ♥♥
We look forward to this day every year!

 
And then of course there are the animals ...
 and it's instant love...
watching this precious lamb as he stood and walked towards the sunlight.
His precious little face as he stood with his eyes closed, chin tilted slightly
and just stood ~ taking in the warmth of the sunlight.
Melting my heart with such gentle beauty xoxo

16 comments:

Jeanne said...

How lovely is all that you share.
Love Jeanne

Gill - That British Woman said...

where we come from in Britain sheep are everywhere. In Canada I rarely see them. Lambing season and daffodils always remind me of when our son was born in April, such a joyous time.

Starr White said...

Your maple syrup day sounds like such fun! It makes me think of the wonderful painting by Grandma Moses. And the last photo made my heart swell! just beautiful.

Country Gal said...

Looks like fun ! Lovely photos . Nothing like fresh maple sirup fresh air and farm animals . Lovely photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

June said...

I love that quote by Walt Whitman too Deb. That little lamb is too cute! I'm so happy to read that you were able to visit one of your favorite places again and enjoy time with your family. Come on over to Idaho and I will give you a tractor ride too. If I can remember how to start the old John Deere that is :)))
sending hugs....

Mereknits said...

How fun, it looks like a wonderful tradition.
Meredith

Deb said...

dear Jeanne ~ I so appreciate your visits and kind comments, always ♥

Deb said...

hello Gill ~ I was born in England ~ maybe that is why seeing sheep tugs at my heart strings ♥ what lovely memories lambs & daffs hold for you xo

Deb said...

hello starr ~ it is one of our many family traditions that I so look forward too ~ doing all the things we did when ours were little, now as grandparents ♥

Deb said...

hi Elaine ~ I've been missing the farm animals ... ♥ hope you are having a wonderful day too.

Deb said...

hello june ~ sounds like a wonderful offer xo :-)

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ so much fun! we look forward to it every year ♥ pancake breakfast, maple tapping tours, tractor rides, all the farm animals, maple everything :-)

Pallas said...

What fun - I can almost taste the maple syrup, however I've never eaten fresh maple syrup.

Deb said...

hello Pallas ~ thank you for your visit ♥ pure maple syrup is an absolute delight. my husband is from Quebec and fresh maple syrup on snow is a tradition he introduced me too ~ wonderful ♥♥

Julie Marie said...

Oh how fun!... I remember you posting about this last year, and wished I was there!... love all the little critters... so precious, and such happy memories you are making, xoxo... Julie Marie

Deb said...

hello Julie marie ~ we just love it here & look forward to visiting every year... so many memories ♥