{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Vintage Christmas ♥ Comfort & Joy #3 ...

 If I ever need a little inspiration, I need look no further than outside.
Woodland Walks with Archer are wonderful for clearing heads and filling pockets :-)
On one such walk, I came across lots of bark pieces.  Each one was unique.
A few pretty twigs and an idea was born!
These little wooden frames can be picked up at the Dollar store.
Lay bark strips across wooden frame to fit.
They cut easily with scissors, but I like the bark to overlap the edges of the frame slightly.
Adhere with hot glue.
Embellish the front with twigs and Acorn caps.
Find a small image to frame {3.7 " x 3.7"}
I painted a few little watercolour birds.
A sweet little gift for your Nature loving friends ♥
I am on Instagram now.
Follow me for photos celebrating  "the lovely~ness of daily~ness" ... Art, Home, Sparrow Studio & more ♥
 
 

6 comments:

Mereknits said...

Lovely as always my friend. I am not an Instagrammer so I will carry on with you right here.
Hugs,
Meredith

Julie Marie said...

Those are so pretty Deb!... and just perfect for Nature lovers like you and me... I have some pieces of bark too and was wondering what I would do with them... now I know!... and I think I will put a picture of Tessy on our walk in mine... xoxo... Julie Marie

Jen Kershner said...

Just beautiful, Deb! I so admire your artistic ability. I have long wanted to be able draw and paint and have decided to embark on that journey this next year. Any advice on how to get started? I've always been especially drawn to water colors and colored pencils.

Deb said...

hello Meredith ~ that sounds perfect ... and emails of course ♥

Deb said...

hi Julie marie ~ a photo of Tessy on one of your woodland walks in a bark frame sounds gorgeous! I will send you a photo of the finished frame {and photo I chose} ♥

Deb said...

hi jen ~Thank you so much!
what a wonderful way to start the New Year ♥ I hope you have told Santa this & watercolour paints and new pencils find their way under your tree :-D
send me an email with any questions after the Holidays and I will happily answer them xoxo