{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

No walk would be complete if I didn't return home
with my gathering bag
or pockets
holding a few found treasures.
acorns* stones* feathers* twigs* pinecones * flowers for pressing*
and walks with my grandson = double the treasures! He finds the most delightful nature gifts.
I've written before how he would always find heart shaped stones and give them to me ♥
A lovely collection was created in no time.
this one was particularly lovely...
not only is it one of the largest in my collection, but
it can be turned and creates a heart on 2 sides ~ me & him.
It sits on my meditation altar, with a gorgeous large white swan feather ~ a gift from my friend and fellow bird lover, Kim, bees wax candles, shells, sage for smudging, incense & inspirational words/thoughts.
And then there was an Owl Sighting.
My hubby walked around our garage the other night, and was startled to find him sitting in our tree.
He described him to me & the next day,
 I tucked him into an almost finished painting which turned into Owl Spirit ~ "Messenger of change"
Hello
someone was busy sharpening up their teeth on our cedar deck
helping to make up our mind to make some changes to it!
Have a wonderful Thursday ♥

10 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Love the stones and your Nana words too!

Julie Marie said...

Oh Deb, as always, I get so excited when I see a new post from you!... love your gatherings and your hearts from your grandson are priceless!... I am going to start looking for heart shaped rocks on the trail... your little meditation altar sounds so soothing and peaceful... I am needing to create a small one for myself, which will of course include many of the gifts from you there... how exciting you have an owl!... and your painting is gorgeous!... I love that it turned into Owl Spirit... and that squirrel!... what a little cutie pie!... I am happy now!... you always make my day... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy "woof" to Archer!...

Willow said...

What a wonderful finds !

Lynda said...

Such wonderful treasures in this post, Deb! You seem to attract these lovely things! xo

Deb said...

hello Monique ~ what a lovely phrase "Nana words" ... my grandbabies call me lala ♥

Deb said...

your lovely visits and comments make my day Julie marie ♥ thank you so much.
mr. squirrel was resting and plotting I think as after I took the photo he was dive bombing our kitchen window trying to knock off the bird feeder :-) must head to the store to get some more peanuts to keep him out of mischief.

Deb said...

thank you willow ♥

Deb said...

thank you Lynda ~ what a kind thought ♥

Mereknits said...

We have a big barred owl hooting outside our window several nights during the month, I love to hear him or her.
Hugs to you Deb,
Meredith

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ how wonderful! aren't they amazing ♥ have a wonderful weekend ~ hugs to you, little buddy & max xo