{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tasha Tudor Day...

Thank you Clarice for once again hosting "Tasha Tudor Day"

A celebration of life on Tasha's Birthday ♥
Tasha Tudor has been such a source of inspiration to me, from her love of nature, to her way of life, and gift of gorgeous artwork.
She loved Corgyn like I love Labs :-)


Over the years, I have sought out books by Tasha and if I am fortunate to come across one I already have, I pick that up too as I know someone else would love to have it!
I cherish my collection of Tasha Tudor books.
Her artistic style was always such an inspiration to me & her love of dogs, nature and flowers was so evident in her many beautifully illustrated books.

I especially love how she framed many of her watercolour pictures with tiny little sketches covering the outside of the page.

A picture within a picture.

~Blessed are those who can give without remembering

and take without forgetting~

Tasha generously shared her own family traditions in her books

& Tudor Family recipes {or I should say receipts} :-)

Her nineteenth ~ century lifestyle is legendary.
When I read the words of Fra Giovanni

I think of Tasha.

***

I salute you!

There is nothing I can give you

which you have not, but there is much that, while I cannot give,

you can take.

No Heaven can come to us

unless our hearts find rest in it today.

Take Heaven.

No peace lies in the future

which is not hidden in the present moment.

Take peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow, behind it, yet within our reach

is joy.

Take Joy!

~Fra Giovanni~
***
Tasha Tudor

August 28 1915 ~ June 18 2008
♥♥♥


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Tasha Tudor day (do know how many times today I have written that ;-P )
Well Tasha is just one more thing we have in common. You have a wonderful collection of Tasha books. I see you have the Kitchen Garden, that is hard to come by, you lucky girl. Have a cup of tea today and think Tasha and joy!!! oxo Clarice
ps. don't forget your Tasha glam !!!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful tribute! Pop on over to sign up for a giveaway and include your post so others may find you:-)

erin's art and gardens said...

LOVE tasha!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post (I love the winter photo). I love your wonderful blog! I too love home. I'm with you there. There's no better place to be. I'll certainly be back.

Take joy!

Angie in WA

Heidi said...

Happy Tasha Tudor Day! I am a day late since I live in a different time zone but still want to visit the sites celebrating. Tasha remains an inspiration!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Stephanie said...

Oh...I love Tasha too. My mom got me A Time to Keep before I was born and we read many Tasha books growing up. I haven't had a moment to blog about TT Day but I loved your sweet tribute.