{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Where Bloggers Create 2011 ...

Three years ago, Karen @ My Desert Cottage came up with the brilliant idea to host a blog party showing our creative spaces ... It was hugely successful and so much fun to see where fellow bloggers created & how they decorated their own little sacred space ♥ Each one uniquely special
It is here that I blog ...





Add my Photographs to Flickr ...
Write about my love of Nature ...
Try out new ideas ...
Art


is when





you hear


a knocking from your soul



and



you answer



~Star Riches~

A place to dream ...



Decorate any way I like ~ fill with whimsy ~ surrounded by items that make me happy ...


A little spot where I like to hang around ...



So happy you have stopped by today ...


Since I have shown you around my Sparrow Studio before,


I thought for this years "Where Bloggers Create" party, I would create little mosaics showing you some of the creations that come out of Sparrow Studio :-)
~WELCOME~


Everything in my studio is either from Garage Sales, thrift shops, auctions or a curbside freebie (like my Duncan Phyfe art table) . The sides drop down, but I always need the added space :-)
Here are a few things I like to make ...




~Re purpose~


***


I love to re-purpose & look at items with fresh eyes ...


What was once a vintage plastic drying rack is now a little chandelier holding tiny treasures that each have special meaning. My Christening photo, charms, a vintage post card from my hometown in England, a tiny "Posted From Home" letter in an envelope ... tiny items that would have been lost had they just been scattered around the room now tell a "story".


~Recycle~


Snippets of fabric transform a plain laptop cover & what was once a cereal box is now a fabric covered journal. Little hearts with pockets just large enough to slip a love letter into hang on doors Valentine's Day (or everyday) :-). Vintage tablecloths become pretty aprons ... I especially love ones with bold graphics.


Crochet & knit making up patterns ...
Just a little bit of leftover wool is all you need to make Earl Grey tea sipping gloves or rosettes to embellish a scarf :-)


~Stamping~
***

On canvas, paper & fabric ...


~Eyes of Wonder~


~Everything Old is New Again~



an old silver tray becomes a chalk board ... bottle caps become magnets & a vintage mechanics light now holds twine... Industrial Charm :-)
A place to Journal & Doodle ...



And paint ...
My wooden paint box is a garage sale find ~ it was previously owned by an artist and has the most aroma ... I thought of Beatrix Potter when I spotted it & envision it taken on many outdoor painting excursions...


Sketch & draw those I love ... My daughter with her beloved childhood budgie Jacob, on her Graduation Day, and our precious Ernie in his red Winter jacket that was once our Ben's ♥



Sparrow Studio is a spot to create little gifts & photo cards for friends ...


~Birds & Nests~

fill all the nooks and crannies ... a Sparrow will somehow find it's way on everything I make :-)

One day I will write about my "Story of the Sparrow" ♥
~Paper & Glue~


I love creating Inspiration boards
~The travelling studio~


Even when I am on vacation, I take along crafting supplies. An old sugar shaker holds glue sticks and buttons and small pair of scissors all tucked into a wicker picnic basket.
~Collections~


I love to read. Books & magazines fill the shelves ... Notebooks are filled with inspirational quotes.
~Inspiration~


***
Comes in all shapes & sizes ... It is found everywhere ...


Langston Hughes is my favourite poet & "I Dream A World" my favourite poem.


I love the written word ♥
You must have a room or a certain hour of the day or so


where you do not know what is in the morning paper.


A place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be.


At first you may think nothings happening.


But if you have a sacred space and take advantage of it


and use it every day, something will happen.


Your sacred space is where you can find yourself


gain and again


~Joseph Campbell~


Thank you for stopping by today. Thank you Karen for hosting another wonderful, fun, blog party. I can't wait to visit with you all.

Blessings from Sparrow Studio.

Happy Creating!

♥♥♥
~Deb~

23 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are inspirational with all you create. What a fun area. I take what I call my toy bag when we travel too. Lots of "stuff" in it. Necessary stuff you know.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You are certainly multi-talented. What a gift! I am in awe of anyone who can take any medium and create with it. Absolutely wonderful and very inspiring! Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I do love re-purposed things. What a great space you have.

Pretty Things said...

SOOOO in love with the sewing machine!!!!!

I hope you have time to visit my creative spaces!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your studio and your art! Every single picture I found myself sighing and swooning! So pretty :) I love that you are inspired by nature. I'll definitely be adding you to my bloglovin list :) Thanks for sharing!

~Alli

Holly Loves Art said...

So many wonderful things for the eye to see! Your vintage sewing machine is adorable. Love it all! Have a great day.
Holly

Claudia said...

Thank you so much for the tour. You are a talented artist. Love the Joseph Campbell quote. And the vintagey green Singer Sewing Machine is making my heart beat a little faster!

Unknown said...

I love that cream colored heart with the decorative paper curls behind it. Gosh that is beautiful. Fabby! Love your spot! *smiles* Norma

Sandra Kaye said...

Great photos. Lovely place. Thanks for letting us take a peek. Sandie

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Deb,
Your studio is so welcoming...I wish I could visit you in person. I love everything vintage!

Thank you for sharing your creative spaces with us. I hope you have time to stop by and visit me...there's a little giveaway at the end!

Have a happy Monday ~Natalie

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Deb,

Thanks so much for your visit! Yes, you guessed! LOL! Love your creative space...mine is a little too messy for showings right now.

Gabriela

Monica said...

I just had to have a second look ;) and leave a second comment :))... because I love your post!!
Monica x

Terri said...

We are so fortunate to have a space dedicated to where we can make things to our own hearts content.
Thanks for the lovely tour of where you create!

Donna said...

I love all your finds, your vintage sewing machine!! Adorable place!!!

Valery Klassen said...

I loved looking at all your photos. Your studio space is beautiful and I love your Singer sewing machine. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I've follow your blogs for many years from the previous posted from home blog to this new deb-posted-from-home.Love all your selected quotes, photos and handicrafts. Thank you for always being an inspiration!! Tan from Thailand

Deb said...

Thank you for all your kind comments about my little studio space :-)
Thank you Tan for your kind words & for being such a loyal follower ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing what you do in your sparrow studio.
Thanks for the tour.
Oh yeah, love love the singer sewing machine.

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Deb! It's so nice to see your space again!! Truly one of things I love about our studio's is that we can decorate them however we want and fill them with things that bring us joy for no other reason than they make us smile. Thank you for sharing yourself with us once again. :)
xo,
Karen

EVERYTHING ANASTACIA said...

What a creative soul you are! Your studio is so lovely and everything in it is just amazing. I love your sewing machine among lots of other things.
Thank you for sharing your space! It sure is a place to dream...
Hugs,
Reina
http://everythinganastacia.blogspot.com

Creative Grammie said...

Thank you for sharing your space, your treasures and your wonderful artwork. I enjoyed my visit.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such a beautiful space filled with so many pretty things to catch one's eye!!
LOVE the vintage sewing machine!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Lynnae said...

You have such great inspirational quotes in there. What a lovely room!