
~Days like these~
I've been spending the majority of the month of July resting in my nest.
Much like my painting "Days like these", I've been quietly watching the birds in our garden, meditating and healing.
What began as a lovely morning walk earlier this month, ended up with me spending 9 hours in the Emergency ward of our hospital, undergoing a variety of tests including a CT scan and x-rays due to a nasty fall tripping on uneven pavement! The result of the fall was a fractured nose and a terribly bruised and battered body. I am so grateful for the years of developing a meditation practice that I relied on throughout the ordeal to keep my mind and body calm.
Certainly not the July "trip" we planned on!!
This evening is the Opening Gala night at Innovation Park ~Art in the Workplace where I have two pieces of art showing and available for sale. An event that I always look forward to attending. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend tonight. I will miss seeing the art, listening to the beautiful music and supporting fellow artists who have their art displayed. I know it will be an amazing evening as it always is. Since artists handle their own sales, all contact information can be found beside the art. Meeting and chatting with people at the opening gala has always been something I really enjoy. I have met many collectors of my art this way and it is lovely to meet those who see in your art the emotions you feel while painting. If you see my paintings this evening and are interested, please send me an email or call me. I'd love to tell you about the inspiration behind each piece (you know they have a story written underneath all the paint) :-)

~Happy accidental meeting~
Thank you for stopping by.
d xo

No comments:
Post a Comment