{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy New Year . . .

Happy New Year 2024!

One week into one of my favourite months :-) which is filled with so much of what I love . . .  

a brand new year * fresh calendar filled with boxes of potential * my birthday * my daughter's birthday* the month I met my husband (47 years ago ... yeah us!! ) * snow (we had our first snowfall last night) * hockey & watching our goalie grandson in tournaments * winter walks * cozy nights in * comfort food *baking* soups simmering on the stove*the smell of hazelnut and vanilla coffee beans freshly ground* turtleneck sweaters* hats and scarves* flannel everything* heating blankets* dinner for two by the fireplace* new books to read* . . .  


"The bright New Year is given me.
To live each day with zest.
To daily grow and try to be
my highest and my best!
I have the opportunity once more
to right some wrong,
to pray for peace,
to plant a tree,
and sing more joyful songs!"
~William Arthur Ward~



Such a wonderful way to begin the year ~ I am the Cover Artist for The Country Register of Michigan
with my painting "Warm words on a cold day" 

Thank you so much Leslie for this wonderful opportunity and supporting me/my art for many years!

"One kind word
can warm three Winter months."
~Japanese Proverb~ 

 Happy New Year ~ Happy Everything!
Thank you for stopping by 
d xo 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

May 2024 bless us all well
I love your postings
Jeanne

Deb said...

Happy New Year blessings to you Jeanne.
Thank you so much for your visits and taking the time to leave such lovely messages. So appreciated!