{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, January 25, 2023

For I am . . .

It's been snowing since early this morning with no signs of slowing down.

I always worry about our garden birds, squirrels and critters when the weather turns quickly like this. I knew we were in for a lot of snow just watching them yesterday as they scurried about and made sure that the bird feeders were filled to the brim.

My painting "For I am" is filled with beautiful animals and sentiment. Painted primarily using a palette knife giving the painting tons of depth and texture. 

Since I start my paintings by jotting down my thoughts in pencil first, these are the words found underneath all the paint.

For I am

a part of everything around me

of every animal, bird and tree

a part of me is in them

a part of them, in me

 

the song of birds

and whispers of trees

moonlight, stars

nests and leaves

 

entangled in a sacred chain

the circle of life

no beginning and no end

this blessing is our Godsend.


 8" x 10" Prints are available in my Etsy shop (link on sidebar)
Original 9" x 12" acrylic on paper available ~ please message me for information.

Blessings,
deb xo 
 

No comments: