{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 29, 2022

Fletcher the frog . . .

Scrolling through Instagram recently I came across all these adorable images of knitted frogs . . .  

each one made me smile at how they all had their own little personalities. Over the years I've knitted lots of things including toys - for my own children when they were tiny, as well as my grandchildren, but I've yet to make one that I've kept for myself. However, after knitting a few frogs to gift, I just had to make one for myself! 

I found a pattern I liked and winged the rest :-D. Since I spent my knitting time watching Murder She Wrote (a favourite show of mine since the 80's) I decided to name him Fletcher, after Jessica Fletcher. 

"There's an old lady who lives in my soul.

She loves to knit and drink tea"

-unknown-
Once Fletcher was knitted (oh, the cuteness!), I started on a pair of overalls
a jacket and a little gathering bag knapsack
"People just need to go back to the ancient crafts.

We should teach people to do whittling at school

or knitting"

-Phoebe Fox-

such a great quote and I totally agree. I've been knitting since I was 11. A neighbour who was very talented in the arts and had once owned her own bridal shop taught me to knit, crochet and embroider. She would bring out a basket of odds and ends of wool, left over from previous projects, needles and sit patiently as I started with the basics - casting on, garter stitch, moving on to purl, decrease & increase. Our grade 6 teacher had a wonderful idea that we could bring a project we were working on to class, so for me, it was a knitting project. 
... beautiful things come together . . .  one stitch at a time 
those knees . . .  those legs. . .  that tummy! 

 He's only 4" tall and the perfect size to pop into a suitcase and do some travelling :-) 
"Childhood may be over,
but that doesn't mean playtime is"
-Ron Olson-

No comments: