{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, March 1, 2021

The first of March ...

March 

The first morning walk without Archer. I took the same route we usually walked, yet nothing seemed the same. I can hardly believe it has been a week already. 

"there is no pain so great

as the memory of joy

in present grief"

~Aeschylus~ 
When I came home, I puttered a bit in the garden. Over the weekend, we saw many birds stop at the feeders. The turtle doves have returned and happily cooing. The cardinal couple in their gorgeous red jackets and a pair of black capped chickadees investigating one of our bird houses which was really exciting! One went in and then back out as the squirrels were chasing each other along the fence. Hoping they will return and nest here. I have the perfect view outside my kitchen window if they do!

The pussy willow is ready to be cut but there's still too much snow in the garden to safely stand on a ladder. Such a lovely first sign of moving into Spring. Soon, all my garden urns will be filled to the brim with willow branches.

 deb
xo

No comments: