{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

Happy December!

for my ears

Even though we have scaled back with the decorating inside (big time), there are still those traditions that carry on. Bringing out "Tinker" is one of those traditions and one that my children have continued in their own homes which I love! In their homes, they have Mr. Sparkles and Thomas.

 We've had Tinker since the 80's (long before  Elf-on-the-Shelf ) but this is the first December 1st that he arrived wearing a mask! How 2020 ;-D  We will be listening out for his quirky movements this month.

for my eyes

Our kissing ball that hangs from a chandelier. I made this years ago out of cotton rosettes with holly and berries and pinecones.

for my mouth

I know I have shared this before, but I made it again the other day and it is so delicious, and warming and satisfying. Quick to make - ready in a half an hour. Red lentils*garlic*celery*potatoes* onions*tomato paste*vegetable stock* ... the sprinkling of fresh lemon juice makes all the flavours pop!

 for my feet

"When I rise up

let me rise up joyful

like a bird

When I fall

let me fall without regret

like a leaf

~Wendell Berry~ 

for my hands

Well ... my hands have been very busy. They will be covered in glue, glitter and paint most days leading up to the 25th ... and I love it! 

 This is the time when my Sparrow studio shares space with Mrs. Claus :-) I've been creating little paper mache animals * paper clay snowmen * seed packages with seeds from the garden * paintings * ... something special for all the people I love xx

for my soul

I love this interpretation of a Prayer.

"What is a prayer? Prayer doesn't only happen when we kneel or put our hands together and focus and expect things from God. Thinking positive and wishing good for others is a prayer. When you hug a friend. That's a prayer. When you cook something to nourish family and friends. That's a prayer. When we send off our near and dear ones and say, 'drive safely' or 'be safe'. That's a prayer. When you are helping someone in need by giving your time and energy. You are praying. When you forgive someone, that is prayer. Prayer is a vibration. A feeling. A thought. Prayer is the voice of  love, friendship, genuine relationships. Prayer is an expression of your silent being. Keep praying, always ..."

~The Minds Journal~
 

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is good to see that Tinker is with the times. A great addition to the season. Cheers.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ he's a smart one, that Tinker! We spotted a few snowmen with masks and rubber gloves which made us smile. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jeanne said...

I love all you share and I especially love the prayer
Merry Christmas dear one.
Much love and many blessings

Jeanne

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ thank you so much for all your visits and lovely comments ~ each one means the world to me!
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas too friend xx