{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 24, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
**
sparrow serenades
for my eyes
**
Watching the birds/squirrels/chipmunks eating treats on their own little picnic table.
My daughter Kate & her partner  Kevin designed and built this sweet table which we attached to our fence.
While we enjoy a meal on the sunporch we can watch them enjoying theirs.
for my soul
**
finding heart shaped nibbles on the honeysuckle leaves
they forever make me smile
for my mouth 
***
homemade cornbread baked in tiny little loaf pans (oh yum)
and apple slices that look like little Owl faces :-) 
Archer loves cornbread and apple slices too!
for my hands and feet
***
long woodland walks picking up leaves/pinecones & acorns

"... and then, I have nature and art and poetry,
and if that is not enough,
what is enough?"
~Vincent Willem Van Gogh~


 

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your cute sparrow is so very different from ours, but I've noticed how all of God's little creatures vary from region to region. Do your feeders get more squirrels than birds? I had that problem with chipmunks at the lake-not actually getting into the feeders, but multiplying in the garden and burrowing under our stone patio. Lots of damage😒. My feeder here in the city attracted mice. Sigh...

Hope all of you are healthy and doing well. Kisses for Archer!

Jane

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ I have noticed how the same birds vary. Sometimes it's only slightly, but the Robin here in Canada is very different from the British Robin. We do get lots of squirrels at our feeders even though they have there own "feeding station". Once they eat everything there they head back to the bird feeders! Our little chipmunks love the pond area & they have "re-arranged" a few of the stones ... seems we have some landscape architects :-) We love them all though and put up with their antics.
I will give Archer your kiss ( thank you). Hope all is well with you too xo